Life insurance policy owners can now take advantage of important financial opportunities using the proceeds of an unwanted, unaffordable or obsolete life insurance policy. Prior to the evolution of the Life Settlement industry, any person who owned a policy that was no longer wanted, needed or affordable, only had the option to lapse, cancel or surrender the policy to the carrier for the cash surrender value. With direct funders such as Asset Funding Corp. (AFC), life insurance companies now face competition for the surrendered policies that they once monopolized. Life Settlements have become a very important factor in liquidating an otherwise dormant asset. AFC has helped create a competitive secondary market for life insurance polices allowing sellers to obtain the highest prices paid and the REAL VALUE for their policies.
A Life Settlement is the sale of a life insurance policy for an amount greater than the cash surrender value, but less than the face value. A Life Settlement lets you convert a non-performing, illiquid asset into cash or another financial product that is more suited for your present stage of life. Life insurance is like any other asset: it is only worth paying for if it is valuable to you. If your life circumstances have changed so that your policy is no longer useful, why would you continue to keep it? By selling the policy you can extract value from the policy instead of simply abandoning it. Life insurance premiums can be expensive, especially if you no longer have a need for the coverage. A Life Settlement offers you a way to eliminate those high monthly premiums and still capture value from you asset.
Why should I sell my life insurance policy?
- You have outlived your beneficiaries.
- Your policy was purchased several years ago and no longer meets the needs of your estate.
- Your estate size has decreased or tax laws have changed, reducing the amount of insurance required to pay projected estate taxes.
- Your policy was purchased several years ago and is not performing as expected.
- You require funds to purchase a more appropriate and cost-effective coverage, such as Long Term Care insurance or a survivorship policy.
- The policy's premium payment is no longer affordable.
- You require funds to pay for medical expenses not covered by insurance.
- You require more funds to live better, take care of necessary expenses, take a trip, pay for an education, pay off a mortgage or make a dream come true.
- You want to settle personal or business debts proactively.
- You require funds to make a charitable donation and wish to see the donation put to use, or to establish a charitable remainder trust.
Policies That Qualify:
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Joint Survivorship Life Insurance
- Most Group Life Insurance
- Key-Man Life Insurance
Click here to see Life Settlement examples.
Asset Funding Corp. offers REAL VALUE cash settlements of up to 80% of a policy's face value, in cash, immediately.
Call 800-542-9513 or email us today for more information on how to turn your life insurance policy into cash.